Friday, October 22, 2010

VC answered VC

If they would have talked on phone, it would not have cost much but they talked publicly so state government had a spend lakhs on security, KIIT got a chance to host another VVIP programme, media persons had to take a pain and more importantly my dear Kanad had to lose 10 precious hours.. :P 
Ya! I am talking about the visit of His Excellency the Vice President of India and the Former Vice Chancellor of AMU to KIIT University and Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS).
Preparing a question was the reason for my waking up early 2day. US misapprehension that “Islam as the next ‘ism’ is confronting the west and it is replacement of cold war with a new competition” (contrary to what the view taken by the Asst. Secretary of State in 1992) was inner voice of my question with substantive link with Indo foreign policy. How good or ugly my question may be but deprivation of a micro-phone forced me to write this post.
Soon I reached and occupy the balcony seat; I realized we were nothing but “numbers”. I recalled to have argued with my friend yesterday evening that ‘”words” can’t personify an individual’ but have no option but to agree silently, when we were counted like chattels.
I was a little disturbed; when the VP said, ‘I am here to listen “you”…’ because inside the Box Office, “you” was not plural as if there was monopoly of wisdom. Questions were framed by the vice chancellor, who decided- who will exercise his/her right under Article 19 before the mute mass. So, it is indirectly the questions of a VC to a VC/VP, who was given those questions beforehand. But unfortunately “I am not a Biotech man” was the preparation.
It may be violation of any privilege or stepping out from the cl. 2 but I may be excused as the expectation were high, as his articles published in the Hindu and the Frontline are simply superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment